Did you know that your intake of pure water is more important than any other medicine or treatment you can receive?
These are all great questions, as we are instinctively drawn to water, whether we realize it or not. For with out it, we could not survive. It plays a vital role in our lives. Did you know the human body is made up of at least 75% water? It is essential for virtually every process in our body. So it stands to reason that we would want the highest quality right? Where do we find it? Let’s have a look.
Take a look at the graph to the right. 97% of the water on Earth is salt water and is found in the ocean. This water is of course not potable so, right off the bat, 97% of our most precious resource is unusable for maintaining our body’s most vital life processes. Wow! So that only leaves 3% of the world’s water that we can drink to maintain our life. Pretty scary huh? Well, unfortunately, there’s more bad news.
Where does that 3% reside? It comes mostly from ice caps and glaciers (68.7%) and ground water (30.1%). Three tenths (0.3%) of that 3% is surface water, i.e. rivers, lakes, and swamps, of which, in 2010, most are not potable without purification. This wasn’t the case 100 years ago, and begs further investigation by each of us and our activities on this planet we all share.
For instance, it is now estimated that 33.3% of the Earth’s total water supply is polluted. This pollution is mostly due to human activity: waste, trash, metals, chemicals, fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, oil, nuclear waste, etc. And what’s more disheartening is that most of this pollution is flowing into and affecting the rivers, lakes, swamps, and lands, affecting 30% of the Earths fresh water... water we use for drinking and maintaining... our health...
Heath Effects of “Bad Water”
Currently about a billion people around the world are drinking unhealthy water. FIVE MILLION deaths per year are caused by polluted drinking water. The WHO estimates that safe water could prevent 1.4 MILLION child deaths from diarrhea each year.
In developing countries like the USA, 90% of all wastewater still goes untreated into local rivers and streams. Over fifty countries that make up a third of the world’s population are in danger of low levels of potable water, and close to 20 of these states use more water per year than natural water cycles replace.
What does this mean?
This means that the most essential element to mind-body health is unhealthy. Yes, it is getting harder and harder to find what we need most to maintain our optimum level of health.
What this means is that we MUST change our activity and lifestyle if we are to sustain our life and the planet in which we are bound. To planet Earth, water is what blood is to a human body. With out this life-blood, all life will cease. WE MUST start becoming more aware of the ways we harm our water if we are to have the health we all deserve.
Do you know what happens when our bodies begin to loose water? Before we’re even thirsty, at 2% loss of water, we loose 20% of our ability to function. When we begin to feel thirsty at around 5% loss of water, we have lost 50% of our bodily functions! At 7% loss we become unconscious!
Please educate your family if they don’t know. Education is the only way we can change this path of ill health.
Emptying Our Cups
There is a famous tale of an apprentice who must ‘empty their cup’ in order for the master to fill it with good quality teaching. Normally we take this to mean dumping out some of our past in order to make room in our cup for new lessons. The problem is, that modern science does not fully and totally empty their cup.
Think about it like this. If you take a quarter cup of polluted water and add 3/4 of a cup of pure water to it, what do you get? That’s right, a full cup of polluted water. This is why I am urging all of us to take a closer look at ourselves and what we have to do in our daily lives to change this situation for the sake of not only ourselves, but our grandchildren’s children. For how can we be truly healthy and happy if 75% of us is polluted?
Let’s forget we have a past, and observe ourselves in a pure way. Let’s ask ourselves, “Is what I’m doing harming or benefiting the Earth?” Fore if we do not address this soon, we will all be obsolete. We can’t rely on science to save us.