A famous prescription...
Zhen Zhu An Chuang Wan, or “Mother of Pearl to Clear Blemishes,” is a very effective formula for acne that we use regularly with great success at our clinic. It is also very affordable, $10 for one weeks supply. Using Chinese herbs to treat acne is a great alternative to pharmaceutical drugs that have many side effects and have been under suspicion of causing various auto-immune diseases such as IBS.
Besides using acupuncture & herbal medicine, we can also support the treatment nutritionally. Food recommendations for this type of condition are squash, cucumbers, watermelon, winter melon, celery, carrots, cabbage, beet tops, dandelions, aloe vera, mulberry leaves and some fresh fruit.
Avoiding the intake of the following foods is also essential as these aggravate the symptoms: fried foods, fatty food, spicy foods, oily foods, coffee, alcohol, and sugar. Smoking, stress, constipation, make-up, washing with chemicals or soap will also make it worse. Instead, wash the skin with cool water. If the face is dirty, steam it with hot water to induce sweating; then wash with cold water.
Medicinal Home Remedies
Choose any one of these to try at home if your struggling with acne:
- Blend a cucumber and apply to the skin for 20 minutes before washing off.
- Apply plain, low fat yogurt, then wash it off after 20 minutes.
- In the summer time you can eat watermelon and then rub the rind of a watermelon over the affected skin.
- Apply aloe vera over the skin.
- Drink beet top and dandelion tea.
- If your not evacuating your intestines regularly, then drink a glass of lukewarm water with 2 teaspoons of honey every morning on an empty stomach. This will effectively lubricate the large investing and prevent toxins from ending up in the liver of skin.